A (maybe) great news for die-hard Twitteratis! For the people who find it difficult to speak their heart out on Twitter in 140 characters, Twitter will be shortly expanding the word limit to 280 characters!
Twitter made this announcement through a 213 character Tweet (testing the increased limit). Here is the tweet!
Can’t fit your Tweet into 140 characters? 🤔
We’re trying something new with a small group, and increasing the character limit to 280! Excited about the possibilities? Read our blog to find out how it all adds up. 👇https://t.co/C6hjsB9nbL
— Twitter (@Twitter) September 26, 2017
1. While some took a toll on the center of Indian politics
India will have no problem with #280characters on Twitter.
For years we have been used to handling 540+ characters in our Lok Sabha
— Atul Khatri (@one_by_two) September 27, 2017
2. Others took it to another dimension!
I thought that the problem with Twitter these days is that it lacks depth.
They obviously think that it’s length.#280characters
— Ramesh Srivats (@rameshsrivats) September 27, 2017
3. Some influential personalities are against this decision, thinking that it destroys the beauty of Twitter
Twice the characters, half the fun. Please Twitter, don't do it.#280characters
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) September 27, 2017
4. Length doesn’t matter, words matter if you want to express!
Why does Twitter need to expand the tweet length to #280characters ?
If you can’t express your point in 140 characters you’re clearly a mor
— Danny (@DannyCalidonia) September 27, 2017
5. For “f**k” sake 😀
Well at least I can stop deleting the word "fuck" to make space. #280Characters
— Imani Gandy (@AngryBlackLady) September 26, 2017
6. Well, everyone needs these things more than the character limit expansion
Instead of #280characters I'd take:
-AN EDIT BUTTON
-More than four pics
-More than four poll choices
-Pics with polls
-Pics with retweets
— David Taylor (@DT2ComicsChat) September 27, 2017
7. Mitron! Ab main aapse! Do-gune vaade kar sakta hoon!
— History of India (@RealHistoryPic) September 27, 2017
8. Should they change the name too?
9. Do you want to say that Twitter is an Idiot?
— Rahul Prajapati (@RahulReply) September 27, 2017
10. Well, this character has put on a lot of weight!
— Sagnik Misra (@Sangy_Sagnik) September 27, 2017
11. Singles, again, are jealous. But this time because of Twitter!
Even twitter is going to meet its other half (140+140=280)
When would I be meeting mine? 😭#280characters
— grumpy (@roooossshhiiiii) September 27, 2017
12. “Game of Thrones” lovers leave no occasion to show it. Please!
— Aakash (@PUNchayati) September 27, 2017
13. Most-loved and the most-hated man of the world, targeted
Twice the Trump, double the hate, but character remains zero. #280Characters
— Eugene Gu, MD (@eugenegu) September 26, 2017
Twitter plans to increase the limit to #280characters since it's difficult for Trump to make a declaration of war with only 140 characters.
— Nick Jack Pappas (@Pappiness) September 26, 2017
— James Melville (@JamesMelville) September 27, 2017
For the time being, people will be able to express themselves in a single tweet instead of writing two. But human is greedy, the more it gets, the more it wants!
Best utilised if you’re good with words. Otherwise if this limit is still less for you, you must start working on your vocab, bud!