Love is the one word in English that manages to strike fear into your heart, a smile onto your face, and a flood of thoughts into your mind all at the same time. Love is tricky, nobody can quite figure out how it works. You know it’s there, you feel it, but do you know if it is real? How can you actually distinguish the difference between love and something else?
Each and everyone you meet will have their own definition of what “True Love” is. There is no ultimate definition of love as it is an emotion and different people feel different about an emotion.
In an effort to see what other’s think about love, I asked a few people to share their thoughts on love. Here’s what they have to say:
1. “It’s when without saying any thing they both understand each other’s silence perfectly.”– Priyal, 35
2. “When you’re under the influence of it, long before you know it, it’s love.” – Ashish, 24
3. “Love is something which can’t be defined, it always shows its effect or miracles in most amazing or strange manner.” – Ishi, 21
4. “There’s nothing as perfect love. It’s just two people loving to the point, where they don’t give up on each other, no matter what .” – Shivani, 18
5. “Perfect love for me is freedom, trust, strength. Fearlessly saying the truth, feeling safest in his arms, being supported in every stage, these qualities make my love perfect.” – Nandini, 24
6. “Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, ‘you owe me.’ Look what happens with a love like that; it lights up the sky.” – Romila, 34
7. “When you present your most vulnerable side in front of someone and trust that they won’t hurt. When you can be your true self in front of them and be comfortable in your own skin.” – Shruti, 24
8. “Love is the name of faith and renunciation. Where there is no faith, there is no respect and no love. And when there is no love, why to sacrifice?” – Ankita, 39
9. “When you stop thinking about the world and you become his strength and he becomes yours. Holding each others hand you face the world fearlessly.” – Shubhra, 24
10. “Real love isn’t “I love you” hoping the other person is going to say it too. It’s just, I love you. It’s like giving someone a Diwali gift, and if you get anything back, that’s a bonus, that’s extra. But you shouldn’t NEED to receive it, because the true strength is in the giving of it.” – Abhinav, 24